Thursday, September 13, 2007

What's the big deal with virginity?

I don't know why I listen to advice talk shows. Especially, Christian advice talk shows. I just don't get some of these callers. They call in with such ridiculous so called tragedies of faith. But the ones that get me are the ones on virginity, specifically female virginity.

A gentleman calls in, a bit distraught, that his girlfriend of four months was not a virgin. To his credit, this wasn't the only issue, however, it was quite a big one in the relationship. I didn't catch the exact ages, but I believe that they were both at least in their twenties. He has obviously made his girlfriend feel bad about her lack of virginity because he mentioned that she has apologized to him. I'm thinking "for what?" Why is she apologizing for something that happened before their relationship began? I am so sick of women being berated for not being a 100% pure on their wedding day. Most men definitely are not virgins when they get married. In fact, most women have resigned themselves to ever finding a man who is a virgin.

I just don't get it. Shouldn't we be the ones experimenting and discovering what we want? Let's face it, for the most part, it really doesn't take much to get a man off. Insert, thrust, repeat. Women, on the other hand, we require a bit more finesse. Way more finesse.

0 comments: