Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Single life in Baltimore

Ok, I have to say, upfront, that this is a topic that I have limited knowledge of. For most of my adult life, I've been with someone. Not necessarily a good thing. In fact, maybe it's better to spend some time and get to know yourself before beginning a life with someone else. Early on, I spent too much time in relationships where I got sucked into someone else's world before I truly defined my own.

In any event, most of what I know of single life in B-more has been vicariously through single friends and acquaintances. It seems no matter if the person is male or female, they all say the same thing: there are no good potential mates in Baltimore city. Nada.

The men are either too thuggish or not thug enough, not educated or low ambition. The women are too boogee and high maintenance, lie too much and seem to have no clue what they really want.

I think that it would be too short sighted to just blame the location. Baltimore has its shortcomings, plenty of them. But Baltimore is not unique. I've heard from people in different locations. There seems to be a lack of marrying material no matter where you go. I think most people are looking too much for absolute perfection. No one out there is perfect, at least not for long.

0 comments: