Friday, August 10, 2007

Would you leave your lover for another?

A few weeks ago, my husband and I was watching some daytime talk show. Probably Montel, or something else that we had no business watching on our day off. The topic of this show was something along the lines of would you leave you current lover for a past lover. One woman announced emphatically,

"HELL YES!!! If John came back into my life, then it would be all over for me and Brett."

Well, damn. Poor Brett. He has been dating this woman for two years, and if John ever comes back, so sorry for you, Brett. Who cares about your feelings?

I didn't hear why her and John broke up to begin with. Maybe it was the great body, the romance, the status, the sex. Whatever the reason, this person held a place in her heart eternally. To the point that this person could come in at any point in her life and pick up were they left off.

I can't relate, because for the most part, my ex-boyfriends were pieces of shit. Well, with the exception of one.

So, the question came up between the hubby and me.

ME: "So, are there any women in your past life that you would consider leaving me for?"
HUBBY: "Nope."

silence

HUBBY: "What about you?"

Now, for some reason I thinking how could he ask me a question like that, even after I boldly decided to ask him.

I think for a quick second, and then respond, of course:

ME: "No."

Then I started thinking again. Like I mentioned before, there was only one of my ex's that I would even consider marrying material. But it got me to thinking why it ended in the first place.

0 comments: