Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Now and Then Music Flashback - "Settle for My Love"

I'm an old head when it comes to most music, so when Musiq Soulchild released his rendition of this song, I was immediately turned off. I heard the first few notes and sat there like "no he didn't!!". In my mind, there are some artists that you simply do not touch, in my humble opinion, anyway.

However, I finally gave in and listened to the entire song. Musiq did a nice job with his rendition. He made it duet (although I think I would have liked it fine with just the female lead) and added a few other touches that made it his own.

The original was performed by Patrice Rushen, one of my all time favorite R&B artists. Both versions are below.



from the album "Pizazz"



from the CD "Aijuswanaseing"

0 comments: