Thursday, October 30, 2008

Mixtape sessions

One of the little known things about me is that in high school, I had aspirations of being one of the few female DJs in the Baltimore area. Part of the problem was I never really cared to mix the more popular stuff, so my hip hop mixes left a little to be desired. So I did a few remixes here and there, some better than others. I've been coming across a few of those mixes and redid a few since technology makes it so much easier than it was on two turntables and a tape deck but in day. I've finally got around to posting them up on the web. The genres will be all over the place as my musically interest is, well, some would say strange, I would say eclectic.

If you feel so inclined, check out this link. My first entry is a slow jam mix. Originally, it was a strictly late 80s/early 90s mix, but changed one of tracks to a newer Janet song, I thought fit the groove better. Definitely a baby making groove. If you download it, let me know what you think. I am going to try to do this on a regular basis, but do not expect the same thing all the time. Like I said, I will probably be all over the place! It will mostly depend how I'm feeling.

0 comments: