Thursday, June 12, 2008

Happily single and permanently celibate...on an adult single's site???

Okay. I get the 'happily single' part. That's cool. Some people seem to think that being single and happy is impossible. Personally, I love my husband, love him to death. But then there are those times when...ooooooooooo, don't get me started. If anything irrevocable ever happens and our relationship ends, I really don't think that I would ever, ever live with a man again. I could see dating again, but I couldn't see getting married again. It's just too much damn work and I'm not willing to through it a second time.

The 'permanently celibate' part? Hmmmmmm. Okay, not for me, but I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there who are fine without sex, ever. In fact, I just recently read about a 107 year-old man from Hong Kong that credits his long life on his sexual abstinence of over 70 years!!! (Damn!!! I would say something crass here, but I'll be good today.) However, if you are 'happily single' AND 'permanently celibate', then why, why I ask, would you place a profile on an ADULT singles site? If I'm not mistaken, most people go through the trouble of placing a profile on these sites to find people to date, hoping to find a relationship, which could possibly lead to sex, right? Of course, I think in this case, the members are probably strictly looking for just the sex, I'm sure. But I'm saying, I gotta ask again, if that is not your interest, why waste other people's time?

Her reason? In summary, from my prospective anyway, she takes perverse pleasure in going out with guys that want her but know that they can't. Just sounds like a big tease to me. To each their own, I suppose.

Out of curiosity, to any of my readers, I ask you, male or female, would you date a person who has taken a vow of chastity? And, I don't mean until marriage, but FOREVER?

3 comments:

Eb the Celeb said...

What does that man look like... its easy to be celibate if your not cute...lol

dang that was mean... but for real... 70 years... he had to be ugly

Not Your Average Male said...

70 years? I would've unloaded the contents of my elephant-sized balls on that woman's doorknob for being a tease.

As for your question: hell no. Virgin? Yes. Celibate? No... because now you're just fucking with me. I need to take a spin around the block first before I buy, just like I did with the Impala.

Horrible? Yes. Truthful? Yes.

Hello!

CC Solomon said...

No. What would be the point then? I can see if you were both 70 years old when you met. Relations would be rare anyway. But say at 30. Why marry a guy who wants to be celebate for life. You might as well be a nun and priest and get in good with God!